Monday, May 24, 2010

Big Book Read #12


Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett

Death has decided to quit the whole death business and poor old (and dead) Windle Poons and company are left to deal with their second attempts at life. Some strange things are cropping up (and flying about) in Ankh-Morpork and it’s up to the Fresh Start Club to save the living. Meanwhile, Death has found a new job as a real reaper for Miss Flitworth and discovers just how interesting life can be.

This book was funny and strange, just what I like. However, it wasn’t perfect. There were moments, especially towards the end that were a big confusing during a big action sequence. But, overall this was an excellent read. Pratchett is humorous, silly and witty. I’m planning on adding many more Discworld books to my library.

This was my first Terry Pratchett book and I think it was an excellent introduction. He’s well-known as arguably the best parodist working today and I can see how he got that distinction.

No comments:

Post a Comment